Sunday, January 1, 2012

Southern CA (Day 12) - On the way home


1/1/12 (Sun)

We woke up around 9 a.m.; we have a good slept last night.  Last night at the midnight there was a lot of New Year Eve gun shooting for more than a minute.

  Tom went outside to start the generator while I was packing up and watch TV at the same time.  Tom washed his truck and trailer before hooking up the trailer.  Then he went back inside and took a hot shower, while I was looking for Ben Ben outside the trailer.  I finally caught Ben Ben after Tom was finishing shower.  We headed to Monterey Park. We bought (Fire Stick $1 ea, sesame ball $50 cents/ea). I also bought rolled up cake for $4.50.  We stopped by Quickly (cost $1.50/ea) no more 99 cents pearl tea.






Then we walked to Express Dim Sum on the road side of Garfield Blvd. We sat on the back of the store. Dim Sum is 75 cents each (it was a bigger pieces) and the fired wonton is 4 for $1.50. It tasted good. I found out there are seat to sit on the side too.  We walked to Hong Kong supermarket. I needed to go to the bathroom.  I did a good job inside the bathroom.  I felt lighter when I came back out from the bathroom.  I met Tom at the front near by the register.  Tom told me he found Taiwan rice noodle for $1.19/ea, I bought 3 packs. While I was waiting to pay, I saw a papaya puddle 2/pk for $2.50. 

 Tom made the same turn from the parking lot into the wrong direction.  So went north to Alhambra and drove along Valley Blvd to San Gabriel to buy more Preserved Egg Pie.  I also bought some Preserved Egg Pie for my parents.