Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tucson Spring Building - (day 6)



3/27/13 (Wednesday)  - sunny in the morning and windy around 4 p.m. sun got cover by the cloudy

We woke up around 10 a.m. We both were very tried from working the last two days. Today I made eggs and bacon with French rolls and hash brown. After we finished I went outside to sort out the tools, it took me more than half an hour. While I was outside Tom was taking a short nap, after I done, I went back inside and took a quick shower.





 Tom woke up and we start pulling the T&G from the truck to lay on the concrete for platform. Then we work on the 20 feet long woods, Tom saw them into 18 feet long and screwed together. Tom needs to use up all his clamp tools to set up.

 After that we work on the tarp because we cut the long side to size. We pulled it down and start putting more rings on the trimmed side of the tarp, but Tom found out that the big ring hole punch does not work right. So we used the small rings instead, I was punching out the hole, while Tom was putting the rings. After we use up the small rings, Tom told me to keep punching out the more hole, we can go out to buy some more rings.  While I was working on the hole, Tom grind the big punch sharp, he was using the grinder to make it sharp. So I needed to punch the old hole again the make it bigger.  Tom was putting the big rings on the tarp. We were using the 18 feet woods on the bottom to support the punch. By the time we were done putting all the rings, we start putting back the top on the pole, it was getting dark, and we need to work faster. We needed some more balls to hold the tarp, but it was very late (past 7:30 p.m.) Tom decided to go to the store tomorrow, I went back inside the trailer and started cooking dinner while Tom was still working outside to survey and leveling the foundation. I was waiting for Tom to finish his work and started working on my journal. When Tom came back from his work, I told him to take both cats for shower; I put Ben Ben into the shower first. Next I exchange Odie with Ben Ben. I dried up both cats while Tom was still in the shower.  Then I went outside and clean up the cat sand box. Next I went back inside the trailer and heat up the soup for Tom. We have Sushi and bake potato for dinner.