Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tucson Spring Building - (Day 9)



3/30/13 (Saturday) -  Weather: Cloudy in the morning, sun come out around afternoon

I woke up 6:30a.m in the morning, both cats jumped up to the kitchen window. So I told them to come down, but none of them listened to me. I had to get up and made them to come down. Then I read some books about half hours before I went back to sleep. By the time we both woke up it was past 9:30a.m. I went outside and cleaned up the cat sand box. We had bread with butter and jam for breakfast. 

 
 
We both started working on the foundation. We move the concrete bag to the foundation and Tom mixed the concrete while I was adding the water to the concrete. Tom moved the concrete block into the hole, next he was level the block. Before leveling the block we need to add small stones first and then concrete mix on top. He tapped it until it is leveled on both width and length directions. When he was done, he went to next location to dig another hole. I painted the 2x4x18 with the wood treatment. When he had done digging the hold, I went back and help him adding water to the concrete mix again. 

 
The it was lunch time. We drank the soup which I made from yesterday for lunch. Then we both have ice cream. We went back to work until the sun got down and we both were too tired to continue to work. We only have two more blocks to put in the foundation for tomorrow. Tom was taking a shower while I was preparing the food for dinner. We had pork chop, corn and potato for dinner. After I finished cooking the food, I went to take a shower before eating. For dessert, Tom had ice cream and I had kiwi. After I cleaned up all the dishes I started typing this journal. We were in bed around 10:30 p.m.