Thursday, January 4, 2007

Day 17 - End in Cookeville Tennesssee

We woke up in Flying J gas station. Tom told me to cook breakfast, but I wanted to eat at Arby's on next street caused I saw they have 5 items for $5.98 . So Tom drove to next door, but this Arby's does not have any curly fries and 5 items only for 5 burgers only not 5 different items, therefore, we went back to the trailer and cook eggs, ham for breakfast. Then we drove to I-40 West for couples of miles and stopped by the information center of Tennessee for maps then we went back to the trailer for apples.


We went back to the freeway, I saw Long John Silver on the road sign, but we could not find it anywhere that day. Then we saw Sonics at Colonial Height. We could not park in their parking lot, cause it was too small. Tom have to drive across the street little bit further down. Tom found a gas station across the street, so he get some gas, while I went to Sonics.


When we went back to the freeway we hit the rain, we past Knoxville and I was scared driving between the 2 big 18 wheelers and rain got harder . So I went to the closest rest area and had Tom took over the driving. Then rain got more and more heavy so Tom asked Lawrence to look for the closest WalMart so we could stay for the night. We ended up in Cookeville Tennessee. Tom's ex-roommate in Univ of Texas in Lubbock was studied here.

No comments:

Post a Comment