Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oregon summer trip (Day 10)

7/26/11 (Tuesday) - 6th day at Brookings

Lawrence and I both took a quick shower before Tom and I went to Grocery Outlet to buy a small pot for water. Because I forgot to bring the water pot back to trailer after I took it home during winter time. After that we went to Fred Meyer to buy the cooking oil for $2.76 and 2 pcs of green onion for $1.00 to cook the crab. I bought the hand blender for $24.99 plus 10% off store coupon. We also take a look at the camera, the Nikon and Samsung both cost $99 and Canon model No..ELPH for $169, but we did not buy it. On the way to check out, I saw the Strawberry Pound Cake half for $2.49; I bought it for next day breakfast. Before I left the store, I remembered I needed to check with the customer service to try to add back the fuel points, for every 100 points I could receive a 10 cents per gallon discount at Fred Mayer or participating Shell stations. I got it without problem. Outside the store I got drinking water for .35 cents per gallon. On the way back to our RV Park, we got gas for our portable tank at $3.69 at a Conoco station near the library. When we went back to our trailer, I start using the cooking oil to deep fry the crabs. I deep fry them 3 times. While Tom catching more crabs, he came back and forth to eat the crabs that had just cooked. He told me he saw a lady lost her crab net because she tripped and threw it too closed to the pier and it got stuck in rocks when she retrieved. The husband came and surprised she lost the trap in the first 30 minutes. It was too late in the evening to get another trap. So Tom offered them three crabs for dinner. They offered him some money, but Tom did not take it. They were from Red Bluff. Tom caught 10 crabs that night. Two of them are really big. One of them measured 7 ¼ in.