Friday, December 30, 2011

Southern CA (Day 10) - San Diego and Anaheim


12/30/11 (Fri)

We woke up in the morning and have bacon and eggs for breakfast.  Tom went to the hot spring again. After I cleaned up the trailer I went to join Tom. I left around 11:00 and took a quick shower before I went back to the trailer. After I finished all my packing, I went back and looked for Tom. He was just walking to the shower. 

When we started leaving the no. 10 sites, there was a couple said to us, they have no. 10 site too.  Tom told them we are about to leave right now, as we pull out the site, they were pulling into the same space.  Then we went to the dump. While Tom was dumping water, I was inside the trailer and bathing Odie.  We all finished at the same time, then we continue to San Diego.

 Before we entered the entrance of interstate highway 8, we drove into a dead end road. So we turned around and exit again.  When we arrived at El Cajon, we set Wal-Mart on our GPS, but it sent us to downtown of El Cajon.




  Then Tom searched again and found another Wal-mart nearby.  Before we went, Tom stopped by for the gas.  It was cash only, Tom told me to fill up at $65, but it was full at $60 for the truck. Tom added $2 more to the small tank, I went back for $3 change.


We headed to the Wal-Mart, we were surprise that it was inside the Westfield Mall. 





 I took a picture from the outside, it was a 2 storied Wal-mart, we only stayed for a short little bit.  Then we look for food court.  We have Arby, for dinner, I spent over $10. Then we went to McDonald for Sundae ($1/ea).  I saw some handbag that was made of a leopard fur, cost $14.99, it was 50% off.  But Tom said no.  I walked in the Big Boy restaurant to check out the price, it was very expensive hamburger; it cost about $10 dollars for burger and fries.  Back to our trailer and drove over the across a street to Chase bank and got more cash.  We planned to camp at a Wal-Mart next to Interstate 15, but we missed the exit and ended up into Interstate 5, which ended up a better choice.  Before we reached the city of Anaheim, I saw a Wal-Mart next to Interstate 5, but we missed the exit and end up in Food for Less, we went inside to shop, I picked up an ad.  I saw small Avocado 6 for a dollars, Tom bought a Mexican style chip.  This store was not 24 hours, only allowed 2 hours parking.  We found a Wal-mart at the GPS, so we were able to get there.  When we pull up into the Wal-mart parking lot, we saw several RV and Class B parked inside the lot.  So we knew that this place will let us stay overnight.  We found out it open 24 hours.  We walked inside, Tom checked the Cole Slaw he liked, but it was a difference kind.  I saw cookies for $2 and donuts 6-pack for $2.50, but Tom suggested we should buy the sesame bread instead, but it did not look good to me.  I picked up a parmesan Italy bread, but Tom takes a look and said it looked like mole to him.  So we end up buying nothing and walked back to our trailer and slept.