Monday, December 26, 2011

Southern CA (Day 6) - Borrego Springs Peg Leg Monument


12/26/11 (Mon)

I woke up around 9 in the morning. After I finished cleaning, we had bacon and eggs for breakfast. I played with Odie for a while then I cleaned up the cat box.








 Tom drove me to the Borrego Springs library. We wanted to shop for food, first we went to the market. Because we wanted to look around to see what they have, before we went to the library.  We only bought hamburger buns for 99 cents and powdered doughnut holes ($2.19 for 11oz).  We will come back for cold food.  The library is just across the street from the market, we found out the library closed on Monday. We sat in front of the library so we would have power for the laptop to do the internet.  After we finished setting up the computer, I needed to go to the bathroom.  I went back to the market side to look for it.  Then I went inside the market again, I picked up the market ad.  I saw there were several items on sale, the eggs for $1.29 you need to purchase $10; Russet potatoes for $.29/lb; Minute Maid orange for $2.99.  I went back to the library and sat next to Tom.  We were there from around 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tom drove me the market to shop for more food.  This time we bought real butter $2.99, 2 bottles of Minute Maid orange for 2.99/ea, pork steak for $2.39/lb (totals $4.64).  While me waiting in line, I told Tom to fill up the 2 gallon water bottle.  By the time we drove back to the trailer, I started cooking for dinner, because we did not have lunch.  I baked the potatoes and pork steak together in the oven.   Also I re-heated the potatoes soup from yesterday.  We ate around 6:00 p.m. and I washed all the dishes afterward.  I started the generator and write this journal.