Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 16 - Trip to Oregon - Wash St. (Salem Or)

7/26/09 (Sun)

I get up in the morning (about 8:30 a.m.) to feed my cats and clean the sandbox. I re-heat the fish and tofu soup from yesterday for breakfast; we also have one big roll from Winco Market, which look like a Food-4-Less store open 24 hours too. Then we packed up our trailer to head to South 205 highway; we stop by the Winco Market again to buy some meat which was only cost $2.28 a lb, we bought three packs of meat and 2 packs of round steak for $ 3.88 a lb. It was cheaper than San Jose. Before we went to the checkout, Tom saw the plastic baskets that will fit the trailer shelf. (Only cost $.99/ea). The weather was hot outside, it felt like 95F or over to me. On the way to Salem, Tom truck engine light lit up. Tom said only a minor problem, so we kept on driving. We reached Capitol of Oregon in Salem around late aftertnoon.

We stopped our trailer at the Walmart parking lot, which was close to Air Force Base, for a short while, then we went to Costco to buy the cheese and X-Small Oysters. I told Tom we should go to Lowes to buy bathroom cabin, we found out it cost $ 21.99. We tried it out and make sure it will fit inside our bathroom. Then Lawrence and me wanted to eat dinner outside instead of cooking dinner in the trailer, because Salem weather is also very hot, which feel like 97 degree too. First Tom wanted to go to the taco place, but Lawrence and me wanted to go to Panda Express. After we looked over both stores, we all wanted to go to Panda Express. I ordered 2 items, which cost $5.79/ea, I had two orders totaled $11.58, we brought our own soda. Tom drove to the Salem Capitol to take some pictures.

I saw there was squirral following us, I took pictures of one of them and this squirral did not run away, he let me take a close up pictures of him. I went back to my truck and find one cherry and feed it to the squirral. On the way back, I see Big-Kmart near the Walmart. Tom wanted to go around the Air force base to see if we could reach Big-Kmart. We did able to get to Big-Kmart. We did not found any thing we wanted. We head back to our trailer and we have some Ly Chee, apple and cherry for desert. I wanted to have some ice cream, so I went to Walmart. When I came out the store, it was past 10:40 p.m.. Then we all had ice cream (drumstick and then I started writing my journal until 12:20 a.m. in the morning. Before I went to bed, I went outside the trailer and cleaned up the sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment