Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 17 - Trip to Oregon-Wash St. (On the way home)

7/27/09 (Mon)

I cooked ham and eggs for breakfast. Our truck engine light was lit again, so Tom wanted me to go to the Toyota dealer to ask them to check what wrong with the engine. The Toyota dealer people was very nice, he checked it for me and written down what wrong when I ask him to do so. He even cleared the engine light for me and told me you need to clean it or the light may be turning back on again. I said thanks and went to the part center to look for Tom. Then we head back to the trailer. We hooked up our trailer and went to Costco for gas, we should have done it on the way back from the dealer, but we forgot.

We were looking for rest area to get water. We reached one of the rest areas, but no water, next rest area has water, but it was in the middle of the rest area. So next time, don’t stop in Sutherlin rest area, stop at Rosesburg which have a nice shaded rest area.

When we arrived Medford, Oregon around 6:40 p.m., our gas was almost totally empty, only less than a gallon left in the gas tank. We went in Costco to have lunch, I brought the sandwishes from the trailer which I made yesterday afternoon. I bought a Yogurt and Churro. Before we left Costco I bought Friskies 48 cans which cost $19.49 with no tax added. Then we went to next door Wal-mart, Tom bought 5W-20 motor oil for his truck, I bought 4pc steak knifes and 24 color pencils for Lawrence school. When we went back to our trailer, Tom smelled the propane, later on Tom found it was leaking from one of our propane tank. Tom fixed it with the white tape, then we kept on driving to the next stop. We stopped at Yreka and found a Walmart, which we saw several trailers already parked inside the lot. We parked our trailer closed to the tree, so we could have some Shade next morning. We went inside the Walmart just to cool ourselves down. After a little while, and started cooking dinner for the night. We have oysters with Choi-Sum and pork ribs for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment