Monday, April 1, 2013

Tucson Spring Building - (Day 11)



4/1/13 (Monday) -  Weather:  Sunny and some wind





We woke up around 8:30. We cleaned up the trailer and filled up the water tank. I wiped all the dirty shoe.Then we have donuts for breakfast and then we went to Lowe’s for the things we needed. Next we filled up our 2 gallons water container and drove back to our land. We had vitamins noodle with beef and fish ball for lunch. 

Then I felt sleepy and fell asleep for couple of minutes and got up to continue to work. We put the metal plate to join the 4x4x9 together then we put the 18 feet long side joist on top of the 4x4x9ft and Tom do the final check to make sure the foundation is still level. Tom needed to use the 5 lb hammer to square the foundation. Tom measured the diagonal distance of the bottom frame and they are more than 2 inches different. So Tom asked me to tap each corner back and fore many times and that made me out of patient. Tom kept moving from corner to corner, he kept saying too long and too short. Tom measured from corner to corner for each diagonal to do the final check for square. It took Tom many more time to square, and we measured 265-5/16 so it is perfect square.  I told Tom to stop being perfect.

 I help Tom to line up the floor joist to the 16 in spacing. Then Tom put the screw into the woods. I told Tom to drill, countersink, and screw driver. After three of them it was pretty late and we both feel tired and hungry. I went back inside and took a shower. While Tom cleaning up the tools and cleaned up the cat sand box.  After I finished my shower. I started cooking New York steak with corn and coleslaw for dinner.