Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tucson Spring Building - (Day 13)



4/3/13 (Wednesday) -  Weather: Sunny, and some wind

 


We did not get up until 8:00 a.m. today and we had the last donuts for breakfast. I showered Odie today because Tom was busy filling up water and cleaning the cat sand box.

 
We finished screwing the other two corners of the floor plus the under cover compartment. Next we moved the studs from our truck and started sorting the woods. We only found 39 pieces 2x4x96” for the wall, but we need 43 pieces. For the roof we found only 11 pieces, but we need 17 pieces. We found 4 very straight pieces which were 96” long for the front and back top plate but we only need 2 pieces.


While Tom was cutting, I moved and sorted the woods. I went inside and get ready to take a shower. Then Tom came to the trailer and told me that we need 10 more studs for the shed. I added them again, I thought we had bought 90 pieces, but we only bought 80 pieces. At first we wanted to go the Lowe’s and get 20 more pieces, but it was already past 7:45 p.m.  It would not have enough time for us to go and picked all 20 pieces 2x4x96” plus 2 pieces 4x4x8. So we are going tomorrow. I started cooking spaghetti and bread for dinner.