Monday, April 8, 2013

Tucson Spring Building - (Day 18)



4/8/13 (Monday) -  Weather: Wind, sand and dust blow up to 57 mph; 84 degree


Early in the morning I watered the purple cacti which I planted two days ago. Since we heard the news from yesterday that the wind going to blow up to 41 mph, I tried to put all the light weight stuff away.  Tom put away the small tent top which we just bought it yesterday from Walmart into the back of our truck.  Sand blew into our eyes, plus we were busied trying to tie down the big tent by screwing more screws on the all six legs. Also we put several ropes onto the big tent, but the wind blew so hard that the tent top twisted so bad. We had to remove the big tent top before the wind bring down the tent. 



Next we decided to go Harbor Freight Tools which we found out they have location in Tucson too. It located at E. 22nd Street and Wilmot. But before we went inside the store, we wanted to eat lunch first. We drove around the area and looking for fast food restaurant, but did not found anything we liked. We finally found Popeye’s for lunch. I ordered Rip N’ Chicken combo for $4.99 and ordered for Tom 2 pieces chicken for $2.99.  After we finished, we walked to the Goodwill store which was in the same parking lot. We did not found anything to buy. We drove to Harbor Freight. We bought a lot of tools, such as two bar clamp (30 inches and 18 inches); dots glove; saw blade; tent stakes 6 pieces set; latex coated work gloves; ¼ x 100’ rope and driver bits 10 pieces for $2.50.

 Then we went to the Chinese store name Hong Kong Market on the same street. I look inside the store, but could not found anything to buy. I walked next door and I found out it was a Pet center. I saw some bird seed for $1.09/lb. I buy some so I could feed the wild bird in my land.   

Next we went to Home Depot and look for the cheaper smart panel for our storage wall, but Tom did not like the back side of the smart panel, it was not the OSB type like we saw the sheds in Costco. So we decided not to buy any. Tom wanted to buy more 2x4x92 studs for the door, he was only able to find 5 good one. When we got out the Home Depot I needed to buy some cat food for Odie to eat. So we went to Target and bought the cat food.  Next we went to the Food City which was not far from Target. We bought a gallon milk and Cinnamon Toasters and Quaker Oats for breakfast. I also bought thin steak for tonight dinner. After the check out, I checked my receipts before I leave the store and noticed that the cashier double charged me for the cinnamon toasters. I told the cashier what happen and he refunded me with the cash. 

We went back to our land and I took a shower before I started cooking steak dinner with corn and bread.  While I was cooking dinner I heard the rain drop, but when Tom opened the trailer door, we did not see any rain drop. I finished cooking dinner and we were eating our dinner and watch the news at the same time. We found out the highest wind speed was 57 mph not 41 mph. Later when Tom was in the shower we heard heavy rain drop. Tom told me we need to put away as many tools as I could. At first I want to bring the umbrella, but I also need to bring the light with me. So I got myself wet trying to put away as many tools as I could. I went back and fore to put the tools to the back of Tom truck. Several trips later, I was able to put most of the tools on the truck.  I was soaking wet when I went back inside the trailer. I had to blow dry my hair, because it was so wet. Then I started typing this journal. This time it took me over an hour to finish, because there was so many things happened today. I did not go to bed until past 1:00 a.m.