Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tucson Winter Trip - (Day 1) - end at Bakerfield

12/18/12 (Tuesday)

 Before we started our trip to Tucson, I went to the hospital to see my mother. She needs to stay at the hospital because her left leg was swollen. During the visited, my brother called my cell phone and told me that he needs all the bank statements for my father SSI interview on Dec. 19. He wanted me to buy some Dim Sum for both of them. So I left the hospital right away and I left my cell phone case at my mom room. I need to take the statements and Dim Sum to my brother before Lawrence get out the school at 2:15 p.m. Before I pick up my son I went to the Ceasar pizza and order a pizza for Lawrence. Then I loaded up the trailer with the food and clothes. Tom started putting the water buckets, generator, BBQ grill and the cat screen door on his truck. We left our house around 6 p.m. and headed to Costco Gilroy. We reached the Costco and filled up our truck ($3.29/per gallon) before we walked around the warehouse. We could not find anything to buy so I order pizza, chicken bake, and polish dog to eat. We left the Costco and on the way to Bakerfield, I wanted to call Lawrence to remind him to take out the trash and feed the cats. Then I noticed that I did not bring my cell phone, I left it at home. It was too far to drive back home. But luckily that Tom brings his old cell phone which is identical to mine. We decided to go to the T-Mobile next day and switch over. We slept over at the Bakerfield Walmart.

 T-mobile dealer in Bakerfield