Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tucson Trip (Day 10) - Buying land


12/27/12 (Thursday)

 Google map of the land few years back (now empty)

Tom received a phone call from the Yetive (Coldwell Banker); she wanted to set up an appt to talk about the land which we were interested to buy.  Tom told her we will meet her at her office this afternoon. Since last night was too cold to take a shower, we both took a shower this morning. We have a left over roll for breakfast than we drove to her office.  We have a small talk and she told us if we want to find out more about the septic tank required. We need to go to the downtown Wastewater Reclamation Department. We went to the city office and found out this land only use septic tank.

Tom called Yetive and told her we would like to come back to make an offer.  Before we went back to the Coldwell Banker place, I needed to go to the Wells Fargo Bank to get a bank statement per Yetive to proof that we have money in our bank. When we got to the office we offered $10,000 because the land had no septic tank, no water, and no gas. If we added the septic tank (cost about $5000) and the water, gas, phone (cost about $2000).  It took us an hour to sign all the paperwork then we will be waiting for the bank answer.  When we get out from the office we went to Safeway to look for bread. Because we were very hungry, I saw donut 2 for $1. I bought myself 2 donuts and 6 rolls for $1.99.  We ate the donut and one roll while we were sitting in our truck. Then we went to Lee Lee Oriental Supermarket, I saw the pork chops was $2.49/lb and the round eye beef was $3.99/lb, I brought both of them.
 
 I told Tom I want to go to the Super Target and I bought several items. When we tried to exit the Target, Tom went to the wrong way. He thought that was an exit, but it ending up to another parking lot, so he back up his truck without look back. He hit another car behind his truck. We got out the truck and saw that was a Blue Honda car behind us, his car have a small dent next to the gas door. We try to talk to him and find out that he couldn’t speak to us or understand us.


   We exchanged our car insurance paperwork and we both took cover picture of each other car. Tom saw his car was already in bad condition, he offer him $50 cash to not to call the insurance. The other guy agreed and Tom wrote up a agreed paper and both of them signed it and I gave the man $50 cash. On the way back to the RV Park I told Tom we needed to fill up our gas tank for the generator. So Tom stop by the nearer gas station which was Shell for $2.80/per gallon. I filled up the gas tank and Tom drove back to the RV Park.  We have raw fish for dinner and I started my journal before I went to the bed with a very cold feet. The night was very cold, we have to turn on our electric heater all night.