Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Tucson Winter Trip (Day 8) - First full day in Desert Trails RV Park


12/25/2013 (Tuesday)


Before I got up, I open the camper screen cover, so the cats can see outside. I saw my next door neighbor walked past our camper saying good morning to me and my cats. My neighbor sudden fall down in front of me, I asked “Are you OK?” She replies to me that she is fine; she just did not pay attention to the tree root.

 I put all the floor rug, floor mat, towel on the floor and cats’ water towel outside the trailer. Waiting for Tom to clean the dust from those things, I swept the floor.  Then I started cooking breakfast, I pulled out eggs, bacon, roll. After we finished eating our breakfast, I prepare for the trails walked; I put water, left over breakfast, two bananas and some grapes in my red backpack.
 
 We walked to the top right corner near the trails head. We saw a man name Cline; he told us he had been visiting this RV Park for the last 18 years. He told us he was getting bore here; Tom pointed at the mountain and asked Cline how to get there?  He told Tom he should drive to the trails head of that mountain. (Which we find out from Charlie with the dog name Bear told us that mountain named Golden Gate Mountain)  We pick the North Trail along the fence and we keep walked to the small unknown mountain, which was closed to the campground. During the walked we did not talk to anybody. On the way up I took a lot of Saguaro cactus pictures.
   
 My first picture with many fingers Saguaro. I think this was funny with finger pointing upward.


My next picture was Barrel Saguaro with yellow flowers on the top. (2882)


 Some of the pictures with 5 finger, 3 finger on one side only and one saguaro look like a fork (2888). 
 


 
We walked all the way to the top of the little hill and took many scenery pictures.
 
 


On the way down we first meet a man name Charlie, he lived here since 1995. He walked these trails for many times. He told Tom that the tallest mountain name Golden Gate Mountain and the fastest mountain named Brown Mountain. He also had a white dog name Bear “Alaskan Husky” with wolf eyes.
 
 
When we returned from the end of the trails we saw a couple looking for the mine. Tom told them we saw a big hole next to the road, we don’t know that was the mine or not. Later on we find out that their RV was very closed to us. We were on #2 site and they were on #4 site. We walked back to our trailer and Tom climbed up to the top of our trailer and fixing the antenna. Tom find out one of the clip pin was missing and the antenna could not rotate.  He asked me for glue and I told him why we don’t use the duck tape instead. Tom said that is a good idea, so I gave him the tape. After he done, he climbed back down from the trailer.  I started cooking for dinner and then I went to take a shower before I continue to type this journal before I went to bed.