Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Oregon Coast summer trip - (Day 12) - Coos Bay


7/18/12 (Wednesday)

I woke up with the rain, it seemed cold outside and I didn’t want to get up right away.  So I read my book for a while. The rain did not last long, only rain for less than half an hour. Tom called Chi to confirmed the delay of  the 2nd 10 sets of Vespel parts until Wednesday so we could have 2 extra vacation day since we had the first 10 set already done. He said okay, but he also wanted to quote for 40 sets for a cheaper price. But it is hard for Tom to answer right away and he wanted the price after we returned home anyway.

I ate Strawberry Angel Food Loaf and finish writing last night journal.  I cleaned up the cat box and put the trash away.  I came back and went to the bathroom next to the office for shower.  When I came back to the trailer, Tom stopped me and told me he wanted to show me the Chinook Class C.

Chinook Class C







 It was a all fiberglass body which Tom like (less seams for leak). But he did not like the price, it was $70,000. It was a 24 feet long. The year was 2003. The salesman Jack said it only runs 7 miles per gallon. Tom almost could not believe it, same as the big Class A. 

Via Class C













 Jack also showed us the 26 feet Via with Mercedes engine. He said it runs 14-18 miles per gallon.  It had some Titanium in the structure for weight saving. It cost $98,000, and year is 2011.  But we didn’t like it because it too small for us, no room for stuff (only a big bed in the rear).

Then he took us to the Sunstar the bed window was over our bed, which I can not read my book while I am in bed.




 Then he took us to the other one which have windows on the side of the bed to compared. But we didn't like their fridge and other room.

  We talked a long time and Tom learned a lot from this salesman.  We leaved the parking lot around 3:00p.m. And I took the sandwiches which I made early.  The first stop is the RV repair/parts shop; they only have dusty looking displayed parts.  Tom asked the lady for junction block, she showed us a big electrical block.  Tom said it was not the one, after back and forth discussion.  We found out the right name should be breaker block, they did not have it, and they sent us two miles down to Porter RV, next to Wendy.  It is also across the road to Fred Meyer and Napa Auto parts, at which I bought 2 cans Honda paint Cashmere color, it cost $7.29/ea.  My car color is actually is XXXX; Tom also bought spray glue for $12.99 for the liner of Corolla.

  We have some comment, when we come in to Porter RV, there was a young lady ask Tom if she could help him to find what we want. Tom told her we needed a breaker block for our trailer.  She told Tom we didn’t have it and said it probably had it in True Vale Hardware across the road.  But Tom didn’t believe her, so Tom kept browsing for it.  In not too long he found it himself. We also bought a tube of Dicor sealer for our trailer roof.  Tom went back to our trailer and put in the breaker block.  After Tom installed it, it seemed that it is not the reason for no charging of the battery.  I felt sleepy and went to sleep, next thing Odie was sleeping next to me too.  After I woke up I started cooking, Tom told me that the Romaine is getting old.  So I cut up some Romaine; cooked up an eggs; avocado; tomato; for salad.  We also had beef and crab for dinner. We watched TV (mostly Dr. Oz and American Most Talent) and writing this journal. We went to bed earlier tonight around midnight to prepare for leaving tomorrow.