Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oregon Coast summer trip - (Day 4) - Brookings - RV park day 1


7/10/12 (Tuesday)

Woke up around 9:00 a.m. to make a phone call to Wells Fargo, but I found out there was no signal bar showed on my phone.  I told Tom that we needed to drive to Grocery Outlet to make a call.  By the time we got there we found out there was no bar there either.  So we drove to Fred Meyer and hope my phone would have bar there.  But we were out of luck that both our cell phone still didn’t have any signal.  We both remembered that last year when we were here in Brookings we could use our phones. 

At Fred Meyer, I found and bought cat litter on sale for $5.49 for 14 lb and bath towel for $2.99/ea.  Then at Grocery Outlet and I had Tom filled up our 2 gallon water bottle. (cost $.35 per gallon)  I bought a lot of stuff, such as a bag of cat food; a frying pan; 2 bags of Fresh Express Salads; 2 packs of bacon and many more.  I also went inside the Shop Smart supermarket, but this time I don’t see anything on sale.  Tom drove to the fish cleaning station where you could get some free fish head and bone with lot of flesh left on it (use it to catch crab). We went back to our site and I started making sandwich for lunch. Before I make my sandwich, I also make soup (Potato and tomato soup).  Tom was taking a shot nap, after he woke up we started eating our lunch.



For some reason there is only RV camp next to the river this year. Our friend Don William is not there. He came earlier in May according to the RV park manager.

 Tom walked to the Pier and tried to catch some crabs, but there were so many people at the Pier.  So Tom walked back to the trailer and waiting for less people before he go again.  He went back many times, but each time he only caught small crabs.  He needed to put it back to the water. He left the net tied to the dock and came back to the trailer and told me he needed to wait longer before he would go back.  He told me to set the timer for 20 minutes, at the end he only catches 5 smaller one.  After dinner we both decided to leave Brookings, because we can not make any phone call at all. We were thinking to go to Coos Bay, it will be a bigger city and more places to see.