Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yuma - Day 14

7/22/10 (Thursday)

Today is the last trip that needed to go to the Los Algodones Mexico. I woke up at 8:30 to take a shower, then I started making macroloni and ham for breakfast. We reached border parking lot at passed 10:00 a.m. I told Tom that I wanted to have a hair color or hair highlight. We were walking around to look for hair shop. We see one shop price outside (hair color $18) but we didn’t go inside the shop, because we ran out of time for the dentist appointment. After Lawrence went inside the dentist office for last filling and put in the crown, we went outside again continued looking for the hair color shop. We stopped by many shop, but they were not cheap at all. I had some shop tell me the price was $25 for hair color, $25 for highlight; other shop was $20 for hair color, $20 for highlight. Finally I found one that was across the street to Dr. Juan Bernal at 3rd St. The price was cheaper, it only charged $12 for hair color and $15 for highlight. I also bought apron for $8. We went back to pick up Lawrence at Gentle Dental and paid for the remaining $50 for the filling. I went to have my hair color while Tom went across the street to have the stitch taking out. After I did the hair color, Tom asked me if I want something to eat. So we bought 1 shrimp taco for me & 1 fish taco for Tom ($1.50/ea x 2 =$3). Lawrence did not want one. Next we stopped by the alley with a restaurant closed to the 2nd Ave. We bought one Margarita drink cost $3 for both of us. We went back to trailer to pick up the computers and dropped off Lawrence at the Main Library. Then Tom and I went to the Yuma DMV to clear his name. Tom needed to pay $10 to reinstatement. While I was waiting for Tom to use the bathroom, I saw the DMV door window has a notice said that we will be closed this Friday 7/23/10 due to the cutting fund. When Tom came out from the bathroom, I told him that if you did not listen to me you will be end up staying here two more days. By the time we went back to Main Library it was already passed 5:00 p.m. Once again we stayed till 9:00 p.m. until library closing time. I told Tom we need to go to the Walmart to buy some sweet ice tea; spaghetti; tomato sauce; and egg for breakfast. When we arrived at the Walmart door, we saw a lot of people including the employees running outside. I asked one of the employee, he told me that they needed to evacuate the store. So Tom took me to Food City to shop. We have spaghetti and salads for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment