Saturday, July 10, 2010

Yuma - Day 2

7/10/10 (Saturday)

We woke up at Lebec Flying J, then we drove to L.A. for lunch. We parked our trailer across the San Gabriel Blvd near the store to have our food. I bought us 3 Pearl Milk to drink ( 3 X $1.15) in other store across in Valley Blvd. The food place was much crowded because it was lunch time. I bought us a lot of dim sum for lunch. And Tom got his chicken rice and wonton noodle for Mel.

After the lunch my son and I went to the San Gabriel Superstore in the same building to shop for more food. I found the sesame seed candy for only $1.99/ea, in San Jose Lion Mark it cost me $3.45/ea. I also brought fresh Lychees, Water chestnut and Red Bean Mochi. We decided to keep driving to Yuma instead of staying at L.A. as it hot here. We stopped in a Wal-mart in Brawley and tried to stay for the night as the security allowed us. But it was way too hot to sleep. So we decided to drive 2 to 3 more hours, hopefully when we reach the Pilot Knob RV Park near Felicity it would not be too hot and also a shorter night. We arrived very late around 1:00am in the morning. Tom went inside by himself and checked on the place. After he came back out he lift the gate bar and drove the trailer closed to the office and plugged in the power cable to the nearest power post so we could turn on the air condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment